Minions Review




"BANANA!"


One of the most successful aspects from both of the Despicable Me films was of course the little yellow minions, so it was no surprise that the minions were given there own film. The film is set before both Despicable Me films (before the minions meet Gru) and follows the minions ultimate quest to find the biggest baddest boss to work for.

Lets just start of by saying this film is fun! it is enjoyable and funny (what else do you expect from these little guys there hilarious). What makes this film so fun is the minions themselves. The film centers around three minions Kevin, Stuart and Bob (Bob is probably the cutest minion we have seen!) and these little guys have so much character and personality and are just filled with comic relief and that's where Minions is at its strongest. The rest of the characters are also good with the likes of Sandra Bullocks Scarlet Overkill who certainly is a good addition to the villainous characters in the overall franchise. The plot is silly (In a good way!) and enjoyable and that helps make this film very fun.

The only issue I really have with Minions is the fact that some of the funniest moments in the film were actually shown in the trailers, some scenes have been slightly adjusted from what we have seen in the trailers, but you still know roughly how that scene will play out due to the trailer, but that is probably my fault for watching the trailers (seriously contemplating how much marketing I look at for films!). I was a little worried that the narration at the start of the film would continue throughout the whole film but I am glad it didn't as I just wanted to see minions be minions (which trust me they do).

Overall I really enjoyed the film, it was fun and silly and just what we have come to expect from these yellow little guys, a truly fun filled film that just makes you want to see more of these guys, I know I certainly do!.

P.S make sure you keep an eye out for a certain special cameo, I think I spotted the special cameo twice but once you release who it is, it completes the film.

Verdict: 4 out of 5


Comments

Popular Posts