Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Review




"That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men...cruel!"


The DC extended universe expands with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and boy does it expand (and I mean rapidly expands), Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was directed by Zack Snyder and stars the likes of Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel, Ben Affleck as the Caped Crusader, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. This review will contain no spoilers so don't worry (it will be difficult but I will try my best).

This film has certainly received mixed reviews from critics and I can see where there criticism has come from but don't let the critics reviews put you off seeing the film, there are still lots of elements of the film that are good, one of which is Ben Affleck's casting as the latest incarnation of Batman, when I heard the news the Affleck had been cast as Batman I was not sure what I would make of his take on the character, but now after seeing the film I can reassure you that Ben Affleck does a excellent job portraying Batman and is up there with some of the best versions of Batman that I can remember (Just really want a solo Affleck Batman film right now!!). I generally thought all the performances where really good and was impressed with Gal Godot's take on Wonder Woman and look forward to Wonder Woman's solo film.

I thought the action set pieces where good (even if some seemed to drag a little especially at the end of the film). I also really enjoyed all the reference's that were placed in the film especially a certain scene that really does expand the DC extended universe rapidly (I really mean rapidly maybe too rapidly but that's my opinion) But I think that particular scene will make a lot of DC fans who have wanted the DC extended universe to start really happy and I look forward to how they will continue growing and developing the DC universe.

On the other hand there are aspects of the film that I was not too sure on, the pacing of the film seemed a bit odd with some really long drawn out sequences that in my opinion affected the overall pacing of the film, I also really was not sure on the directors decision to cut to black during scenes in the film, for me as an audience member it really threw me out of the film and also overall affected the pace of the film. I also did not like some of the visuals for example the use of lens flairs especially in the chase sequence involving a certain vehicle (you know the one!!) for me the lens flairs over powered the image and ruined the scene for me which really disappointed me but that's more of my personal taste (you might really like it).

Overall I did enjoy the film (come on its Batman and Superman), it wasn't as perfect as I wanted the film to be as I really had high expectations for the film, but i still really enjoyed the film, and I still highly recommend that you see the film, even if you don't like the film just seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on the screen at the same time is a highlight in itself and I look forward to seeing where DC go when expanding there universe over the years.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Comments

Popular Posts