Star Wars The Force Awakens Review



"Chewie, were home"


No Spoilers (I Promise!!!)


Star Wars The Force Awakens has finally been released and I must say I have been waiting for this film for a long time (and I mean a very long time). The film is the seventh entry into the Star Wars saga and is set 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi. The last Star Wars film was released 10 years ago (if you dont count the animated Clone Wars movie but hey its canon) so I defiantly had extremely high expectations for this film as I am am a huge Star Wars fan and have grown up with Star Wars being a huge part of my life and I can gladly say this film did not disappoint at all.

The cast of this film was brilliant and it was amazing seeing how well the new cast blended with the original cast from films 4, 5, 6, this was extremely impressive and it was really nice finally knowing how the lives of our heroes continued and developed since the Return of the Jedi (Yes they get older!! but that Chewie is still looking good for his age). One of my personal favorite new characters was of course BB-8, BB-8 is so cute and could rival R2-D2 as one of the favorite droids from the saga. What I also loved about this film is the use of practical effects, with the prequel trilogy (Episodes 1, 2 and 3) there were many complaints by fans about there being too much CGI compared to the original trilogy so it was good to here that the filmmakers wanted to make as much practical sets, costume and effects as possible and for me this was perfect, just seeing these amazing sets and costumes was just beautiful and made the worlds feel real and believable and added an extra layer of detail to the film which made me love this film even more. I also loved the action sequences they were exciting and just brought you back to the glory days of the original trilogy (and some amazing conflict sequences in the prequel trilogy. Just seeing X wings, TIE Fighters and of course the Millennium Falcon again just felt really special and gives you a nostalgic feeling.

I would of liked to have some more scenes with certain characters in the film (not going to spoil anything! I know its very tough!!!) but then again you need to understand that there was always going to scenes cut from the final edit of the film for the theatrical release, and this is the starting point of a new trilogy of films so I am certain we are going to be spending more time with those certain characters over the next two films. Also some of the sequences might of come off as not being that original as it seemed the filmmakers based there sequences of popular moments in the original trilogy and changed them up and put them in this film but that really did not bother me at all it just added a more nostalgic feeling to the film and it was nice to see these updated versions of the iconic sequences.

Overall I really really enjoyed this film (of course I would its a Star Wars film!!) the right balance of nostalgia and new elements was perfect in my opinion and what I loved the most it just felt like Star Wars, like Star Wars was back to its best and bringing new stories from a galaxy we have all come to love in our own ways. If you are a Star Wars fan, even if you don't like the prequel trilogy I highly think you will love this film and I defiantly think its worth a watch. This film will introduce the Star Wars universe to a new generation who will continue loving Star Wars just as much as I do.

The force has truly awakened and its back to its best!!!!!

Verdict: 5 out of 5 Stars

Comments

Popular Posts